Celebrate Lunar Year of the Rabbit with Web3 Gaming Rewards!
It is not an overstatement to say that the Web3 gaming industry held up the turbulent crypto market in 2022. Last year, gaming users on the blockchain were far more active than DeFi users, as you can see in the chart below.
Hundreds of millions moved into Web3 game development
So, will the momentum of gaming continue this year? The answer is most likely yes, as major blockchain gaming ecosystem providers achieved the desired amount of funding in 2022.
Immutable X exclusive games raised around $300 million, while games that build on IMX and other chains raised more than $600 million last year. With these investments, Immutable X surpassed Solana and Polygon as the most funded Web3 gaming ecosystem in 2022. That being said, Polygon followed Immutable X closely behind with $850 million in funding for gaming projects.
These numbers certainly make us more optimistic about the development of Web3 games! 👏👏👏
Each day, hundreds of thousands of users engage in a wide variety of on-chain games in categories ranging from shooting, RPG, trading cards, casual, and more. With the DappRadar Games Rankings, you can quickly find the hottest and newest games of the moment. Click on the link below to take a look now.
On top of that, every week DappRadar brings you the DappRadar Gaming Magazine here on Medium. Your weekly update for all gaming news!
Before we get started if you don’t want to miss the best games and play-and-earn opportunities out there, hit the 🔔 Subscribe button now.
👊 Iconic Manga Fist of the North Star Lands on The Sandbox
Fist of the North Star is a manga series published in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1983 to 1988, created by Takeru Takemono (original story) and Tetsuo Hara (manga). This classic series is one of the most popular masterpieces in manga history, generating a worldwide circulation of over 100 million copies. Without a doubt, Fist of the North Star is definitely a cherished childhood memory for many millennials.
Fist of the North Star will uncover “End of the Century LAND”, a brand new game experience, exclusively in The Sandbox metaverse, marking its first appearance of Fist of the North Star in the metaverse.
Get a first glimpse of its trailer below!
The Sandbox has become the go-to destination for the debut of many entertainment and game classics in the past year. Atari, Warner Music, SCMP and others have all had a blast in it before Kenshiro.
✨ Newest games listed on DappRadar
- Mita Games is a gaming platform that allows gamers to earn cryptos while playing games. Players can also compete in tournaments, leaderboards, and challenges to earn more MXP.
- BattleFly is a new web3 game that combines the best elements of strategy, auto-battling, and play-to-earn gameplay. The game is designed for those who seek intense competition, high strategy, and big rewards. — https://youtu.be/FGibQRuWeIw
- Matr1x FIRE is a mobile shooting game launched on the Matr1x platform. Players can team up to experience classic 5V5 shooting battles in a cyberpunk world. — Matr1x FIRE : The First Gameplay Reveal
- Quest Chains is a gamified learning & web3 onboarding platform which rewards users through questing. While using the platform, users can mint a soulbound NFT, which serves as a certificate of their competence.
- Metawars is a sci-fi-themed strategic and role-playing game built on the Binance Smart Chain. Within the MetaWars ecosystem, Players can earn income, and NFT rewards by trading, staking, gaming, and more.
🏖️ Synergy Land Is Leaving Solana for Polygon
Inspired by popular games, such as Diablo and Path Of Exile, Synergy Land is an action role-playing game set in a fantasy world divided into four ecosystems: earth, water, fire, and ice.
Have a little sneak peek 👀 at the gameplay.
The player will take on the role of a hero to explore dungeons, and up to four players can undertake an adventure together to fight against enemies. This action-packed multiplayer game promises to bring players a dynamic experience featuring crafting, farming, building, fighting, private islands, and more.
Currently, a more complete version of the game is still under development, but players can get a taste of it through its PC demo.
According to the roadmap, the project will have several milestones in the first quarter of the year, including an IGO on March 7 and early access to the game.
📅 Game Events Calendar
Every week we highlight the most interesting gaming projects you need to keep your eyes on. What’s new to play? Which pre-sale is coming up? And which beta test can you join?
- 🚀 Phantom Galaxies revealed prizes for The Starfighter Sprint event
- 🧑🤝🧑Tiny Colonies is leaving Solana for IMX
- 🧝♂️Realms of Ethernity announced new management and roadmap
- ⚽Fantasy football game Sorare brought a major gameplay update
- 🏙️Mega World’s auction for its 1st District on BNB Chain still going onhttps://twitter.com/megaworld_io/status/1615025655661596672
- ◼️ APEcoin-backed Dropverse drops a limited edition black DropCrate
🧨Lunar New Year events in Web3 gaming 🧧
- The Harvest kicked off its Lunar New Year Party with a Badge airdrop. https://twitter.com/TheHarvestGame/status/1615922092838653952
- The Sandbox has a Lunar New Year event, with a 200,000 SAND reward pool — http://www.sandbox.game/
- Engagement and reward website Quest3 has a Lunar campaign with various partners https://twitter.com/Quest3_xyz/status/1615197345003487234
- Crazy Defense Heroes has a Lunar New Year Invasion, ending on 28 Jan
- Thetan Arena has its own Make A Difference campaign for Lunar New Year
- Lunar New Year in Dragon City inside Decentraland
😪 Here Comes the Blessing for Sleepyheads: Sleep-to-earn with Sleepagotchi
Sleepagotchi is a mobile app that rewards users for meeting their sleep goals with digital collectibles and tokens called Sheep. If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to sleep better, then this product is worth your attention. The project just closed $3.5 million in funding.
Sleepagotchi can import sleep data from the user’s iOS device and calculate rewards depending on it. It also supports any wearable devices to track sleep, including Apple Watch, WHOOP, Fitbit, Oura ring, or any other device.
In Sleepagotchi, users can even create their virtual bedroom with a bed, rugs, posters, storage, and more, with all of them being digital collectibles. Each collectible can be traded with other users for Sheep. All digital collectibles have different characteristics and Power levels, and more powerful items help users earn more Sheep.
🔥 Gaming dapp highlights
- Oath of Peak, a fantasy game that just launched on Jan 12, is gaining tremendous momentum. The game’s 7-day UAW increased by 1,178% to 1.68k, and transactions jumped by 1,523.31% to 10.3k.
- BinaryX is having a CyberChess event during Jan 18–29, giving away $1000 in rewards. It saw 7-day UAW grow by +326.66% to reach 13.65kk, with transactions seeing a major increase of +157.93% to over 36k.
- Wam.app | Official, a casual game platform, registered a dramatic UAW growth of 78,609% to reach 17.31k, with transactions surging by 66,725% to 18.71k. The growth could be attributed to the 1-year celebration tournament, which rewards over 3300 players with merch prizes like hoodies & T-shirts & $WAM tokens.
- The Smurfs Society has launched a fully on-chain gamification platform on Polygon. The release brought remarkable growth in 7 days, with UAW reaching 3.72k, an increase of 132.5%. NFT trading volume also grew, increasing by 200% and reaching $16.97k.
- HonorWorld Dragon Treasure S2 has officially begun with $4,000 up for grabs. The event brought over 2.16k UAW in seven days, a noteworthy increase of 78.86%.
Closing words 🎁
Each week, DappRadar brings you exciting airdrops that will give you the opportunity to get involved in the most-anticipated dapps. Currently, Crabada (CRA) airdrop is still going on. It is a popular play-to-earn game on Avalanche, set in an undersea world. Head to the event page and get some CRA tokens now!
Finally, a happy rabbit year to everyone! 🐰
👍 We have the best tools to help you keep up with gaming trends!
- 🎮 DappRadar Gaming Ranking helps you track the best games across over 50 chains
- 🎦 We talk to the teams behind projects to bring you the most in-depth perspective. Check out our YouTube channel!
- 🔧 If you are a game developer, submit your dapp and show it to DappRadar’s 1 million monthly users!
- Join our communities: 🐦 Twitter & 👾 Discord — or get involved in the DappRadar DAO, start by joining our Forum!
😊 We look forward to seeing you again in the next issue!