Gala Games Expands Entertainment Empire Rapidly
Now that we are in the second week of the new year, the Web3 gaming world is starting to look promising. Many games see growth in their on-chain metrics, token prices go up, and new product updates hit the market. In addition, ambitious plans for 2023 have been shared on social media, and all these bullish messages do well for user engagement.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of users engage in a wide variety of Web3-powered games in categories ranging from shooters, to RPGs, and from trading card games, to hyper casual ones. With the DappRadar Games Rankings, you can quickly find the hottest and newest games of the moment.
Before we get started if you don’t want to miss the best games and play-and-earn opportunities out there, hit the 🔔 Subscribe button now.
☯️ Join Oath of Peak & Embark on a Fantastical Journey To Uncover Oriental Myths
Oath of Peak is a fantasy MMORPG set in a mysterious oriental world. In the game, players navigate their way through the unknowns as skilled vagrants, exploring marvelous lands, catching spirit beasts, meeting new companions, and more.
The game is brought to you by Yeeha Games, a team consisting of veterans from both the traditional gaming and the blockchain space, with experience from gaming companies such as Unity, Riot, Tencent, Netease, FunPlus, IGG, and blockchain brands such as Animoca, Binance, Bybit, etc.
Judging from the game’s trailer and videos from early players, this game deserves a lot of anticipation, from the graphics, and gameplay to the experience.
According to DappRadar’s stats, during Early Access, Oath of Peak has already gained a lot of buzzes.
This Thursday, 12 January 2023, the game will officially go online. If you enjoy oriental fantasy games, check out Oath of Peak.
✨ Newest games listed on DappRadar
- Billiard Crypto is a simple video billiard game, but it takes players a lot of practice to become master of it. Leveraging blockchain and NFT technology, the game aims to pioneer the e-sport blockchain game.
- Yolofox Game is a co-creation-based Web3 game. It features cute graphics and a macaron color palette. Here you can deck out your spaceship, develop various skills, and explore different planets.
- Fief Protocol is an open-world RPG built around an ever-expanding collection of explorable worlds. Players can travel to different locations to explore new territories and equipped Avatar.
- Doggyville is a simulation-based game that lets users take care of virtual animals, in this case, puppies, and compete in races to earn tokens.
- Lost Kingdom of T’Sara (LKoT) is a free P2E resource-gathering adventure game. By using Minions, players can gather raw resources that can be turned into Resource Pack NFTs for use in-game in the Aftermath Islands Metaverse
- Metarrior is a mix of match-3 and RPG gameplay. Players have control of their board and dive into the fun puzzle game, where they collect the best puzzle to activate their heroes’ skills.
Gala Games ecosystem flourishes amid changes
The Web3 entertainment ecosystem of Gala Games is shaping up. They already have Gala Music and Gala Film, and have now announced some changes that have brought lots of attention to the native GALA token.
Gala Games has acquired Ember Entertainment, a mobile games studio. This will bring dozens of mobile games into the Gala ecosystem, starting with Dragon Strike and Meow Match. These games will run on the GalaChain, also known as Gyri. The GALA token will be required as a gas fee.
In addition, the company’s movie branch Gala Film supports director Steven Cantor’s new film. While also working with The Rock and with Mark Wahlberg on new upcoming movies.
The news surrounding Gala doesn’t end there, as the company announced that GALA will replace the TOWN token in farming game Town Star. In addition GALA will become the in-game currency in the upcoming MMO role-playing game Mirandus.
📅 Game Events Calendar
Every week we highlight the most interesting gaming projects you need to keep your eyes on. What’s new to play? Which pre-sale is coming up? And which beta test can you join?
- Get ready for Cryptoverse early access playtest on 25 January.
- Helix Founder Pass holders will soon be able to join the $100k Tournament.
- The third-person shooter FORA will launch an early version of its game on 23 February.
- You can now sign up for Pre-Alpha tests for Dark Frontiers are now open.
- CityStates Medieval will open up for testing again, starting from 16 January for VIP Gold Pass users.
- WorldWideWebb will soon play test a PVP game mode, and you can sign up for the test now.
🛸 The Mist Metaverse Is Open for All Players now
Mist NFT, the breath-taking open-world MMORPG, is now open to all. Both Windows and Mac players can download and play.
If you’re looking for a different but immersive gaming experience, you should check out the Mist metaverse. It not only allows you to explore a vast virtual world and interact with other players but also supports console control. The ultimate combo for hardcore gamers.
Mist features a massive world filled with adventures, territories, and monsters to kill. What’s for sure is that there are many bosses roaming around, which means that your swords never go rusty.
Treasures and collectible items are everywhere. Make sure you harvest them all because they are NFTs with real-world value stored on the blockchain.
If you want to venture into this unknown yet fascinating world, take a look at our winning tips for you.
🔥 Gaming dapp highlights
- Benji Bananas from Animoca Brands, the classic casual game with a Web3 twist, had a good week, thanks to its tournament event! Over the past week, its UAW saw an exceptional growth of 158.51%% to reach 184.71k, and transactions went up +151.88% to 302k.
- Elfin Kingdom, the metaverse MMORPG, saw 7-day UAW grow by 124.37% to reach 1.68k, with transactions seeing a steady increase of 37.85% to 2.7k. The game recently had a year-end event giving away $17,000 in prizes.
- IguVerse, the gamified social dapp is still gaining traction, registering an impressive UAW growth of 97.32% to reach 6.48k, with the trading volume going up by 153% to $1.17M! The platform targets pet owners to share their daily life as pet owners and play mini-games to earn tokens.
- Citizen Conflict, a dystopian shooter game built in Unreal Engine 5, recorded a remarkable UAW jump in 7 days, increasing by 98% to 1,000. The transactions also grew, rising by +7.11% to 4.7k. Considering the game is still its Alpha test, such stats are just remarkable.
- Superpower Squad has seen a tremendous increase in its UAW count, reaching 1,020 over the past 7 days. The mobile third-person MOBA shooter launched last month and seemingly is now finding traction. See more dapp info.
Create your own Alerts on DappRadar
The Web3 gaming world is rapidly changing the paradigm of traditional video gaming. Make sure you have DappRadar Alert to help you keep up with the pace!
This brand-new feature can help you find emerging projects with the most momentum. Follow the steps below, then all the alpha right at your fingertips!
1. Make an account
2. Create your own Alerts
3. Receive notifications when new games launch
Pure alpha 🦍
Start here: https://dappradar.com/hub/alerts
👍 We have the best tools to help you keep up with gaming trends!
- 🎮 DappRadar Gaming Ranking helps you track the best games across over 50 chains
- 🎦 We talk to the teams behind projects to bring you the most in-depth perspective. Check out our YouTube channel!
- 🔧 If you are a game developer, submit your dapp and show it to DappRadar’s 1 million monthly users!
- Join our communities: 🐦 Twitter & 👾 Discord — or get involved in the DappRadar DAO, start by joining our Forum!
😊 We look forward to seeing you again in the next issue!